Re: changing mime association

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Alan M. Evans wrote:

> I don't know why the mime-types capplet insists on screwing this up.
> Take a look at the ~/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys file. If you see
> "[(null)]" anywhere then remove it. My user-keys file looks like:
>
>   video/mpeg:
>           open=mtvp -l %f
>           view=mtvp -l %f
>
> If I use the control panel capplet to edit any mime types, what my
> user-keys file turns into is:
>
>   video/mpeg:
>           [(null)]open=mtvp -l %f
>           [(null)]view=mtvp -l %f
>
> I don't have any idea what those [(null)]s are supposed to be for, but
> get rid of them and everything will work as you expect.

The (null)s are the current locale, which Gmc insists on adding. I've yet
to get MIME-types to work without hand editing. :(

    Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55 76
 All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a snowboarder
        Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!