Re: icons in gnome

Ted Gervais wrote:

> Wondering about how I can change the color of the printing under my
> icons in gnome desktop. At the moment they are black and my background is
> nearly black. White would be much better. Is there a way of doing this?
>
> --
> Ted Gervais
> Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada
> IP 142.176.139.108

Ted,
    You can make a file in your home directory called .gtkrc.mine.  Here's
what I have in mine and it produces white text on a transparent background
when unselected and white text on a gray background when selected:

# This section changes the the desktop font and font color

style "gnome-desktop-icon" {
  fg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
  bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }
  fg[SELECTED] = {1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
  bg[SELECTED] = {0.44, .50, 0.56 }
}

widget_class "*DesktopIcon*" style "gnome-desktop-icon"

The number values (from what I understand) range from 0.0 to 1.0 and are
RGB values.  Hope that's what you're looking for!

Stephen