Re: asking question

For GTK specific questions, you'll probably want to explore the
resources at http://www.gtk.org/ and the mailing lists there too. I
subscribe to both the Gnome and Gtk mailing lists and generally seperate
my communications accordingly. If you need help with Gnome applications
and development, then this list would be the one. Of course, to develop
in Gnome means to develop using Gtk, so it's not totally offtopic for
this list, but you'll probably get better answers from the Gtk list. Be
aware that you need Gtk to run Gnome, but you don't need Gnome to run
Gtk - I almost sense a slight Gnome resentment on the Gtk list as not
all of them care for Gnome. But their help with Gtk is invaluable
nontheless. I'd recommend getting a firm grasp of Gtk, Gdk and Glib
before attempting to learn Gnome. You'll definately benefit from it...

Mike