Re: gnomba?

Big Brother tells me that Brian Seklecki wrote:
> Readline looks to be GNU material, although if you were at your website, you wouldn't know that.  The only reference I could find was in the bash2 sources:
>
> $ find . -name "readline.h"
> ./bash-2.04/lib/readline/readline.h
>
> If you check the FTP site, there's a readline directory:
>
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/readline/
>
> Try rolling yourself a copy of that, then re-build your app.
>
> Let us know,
> --Brian

    Ugh.  I downloaded readline-4.1 and installed it.  Then the recompile
of gnoma worked.  Yet another problem with gnomba's ./configure: besides
having a config.cache, etc., in the tarball, forcing the user to run
'make distclean' first, it also does not check for all needed libraries such
as GNU readline.
    Thanks much for all of the help.  People keep telling me to use packages
instead, so that I won't have to worry about all of this.  I keep telling
them that compiling is 90% of the fun.

--
"No eels were harmed in the        Jack McKinney
 filming of this show"             jackmc lorentz com