Re: Undefined symbol __eprintf in libaudiofile.so (Gnome ticket reportlogs - #6056)

>From: Erik Jarvi <ejarvi megsinet net>

>> > Paul, All: Do the GNOME people every look at these trouble tickets? ;-)
>> >
>> > I am having the exact same problem.  The ESD pluggin will not work.
>> >
>> > XMMS ESD Plugin >> ESD (esound) >> Libaudiofile
>> >
>> > Ideas, anyone?

Sorry, I'd not noticed this thread before so don't know if this has been said
yet or not.  __eprintf is in the gcc/g++ libraries, and thus is found at compile
time when using those compilers.  But on some platforms (Solaris in my case)
isn't found at runtime as ld.so doesn't know about that compiler configuration,
and thus the breakage.  You can fix this by using a -R in the link stage of the
plugin, IIRC.  Tell the .so where it should be looking to link in the compiler's
library and find this function.

Use nm on the gcc/g++ libraries to find which one has __eprintf in.

Hope this helps,

---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
o o                                          mailto:Moredhel earthling net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark Bowyer UK Sun COM
`-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"