Re: gnome terminal colors

Or if using *sh as your shell...

env
to check $TERM

and
export TERM=<term>

to set.

Tal

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:39:15 -0700, Himanshu Gohel said:

: Rick Pasotto wrote:
:
:  > After I upgraded to helix-gnome on my debian system, the gnome terminal
:  > program no longer color codes my python programs within vim. When I edit
:  > in a console window the color coding is still there. How do I get the
:  > colors back? All I get now is some underlining.
:
:  Type in "set" and check your terminal type...vim will probably underline
:  when it thinks the terminal cannot display colors.  And since your
:  console seems to be set to the correct terminal type, you can use the
:  same one using: "echo $TERM" in your console window and then:
:  "setenv TERM <console terminal type>" in your other terminals.
:
:  Himanshu
:
:  gnome-list mailing list