Re: gnome terminal colors

Rick Pasotto wrote:

> After I upgraded to helix-gnome on my debian system, the gnome terminal
> program no longer color codes my python programs within vim. When I edit
> in a console window the color coding is still there. How do I get the
> colors back? All I get now is some underlining.

Type in "set" and check your terminal type...vim will probably underline
when it thinks the terminal cannot display colors.  And since your
console seems to be set to the correct terminal type, you can use the
same one using: "echo $TERM" in your console window and then:
"setenv TERM <console terminal type>" in your other terminals.

Himanshu