How to get evolution to use movemail correctly

What does one do to get Evolution to be able to download and view mail
stored in a local mbox directory. Everytime I click the "Check Mail"
button, I get an error:

Error while 'Fetching email from Local mail file /var/spool/mail/loban':
Movemail program failed: (Unknown error).

I have movemail installed both with emacs (and xemacs) and netscape (they
were included in the RPM packages). I even linked them to the /usr/bin
directory, with no difference.

This didn't work either in Redhat 6.2 or Mandrake 7.1.

Thanx.

	= L