RE: gaim woes

On 21-Aug-00 Craig Orsinger wrote:
>         Latest version is 0.9.20. I am also noticing a problem
> with this version. When I hit the Signon button, it gets as far
> as saying "Connecting to x.x.x.x", but the user/group tree
> screen never appears. And yes, it used to work. Since I don't
> particularly need this software, I haven't tried to track down
> the problem.

        [Yes, I'm following up my own post, but since I may have
misled someone with the previous paragraph ...]

        Well, I finally tracked down the problem. Turns out I
wasn't using runsocks to start GAIM, which severely limits
performance of programs that have to go through a SOCKS firewall ;-).
Anyhow, now that I changed that .desktop file again, it works
fine.

--
Craig Orsinger                <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>
Logicon Advanced Technology

"'Eureka'. It's Greek for 'This bath's too hot'."   - The Doctor