Re: ssh-agent and gnome?

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Stockdale <mstockda@dti.net> writes:

Matt> has anyone had any luck using ssh-agent (from openssh) to start
Matt> their gnome-session?

Yes, I put it in my .Xclients like this:

    exec ssh-agent gnome-session

I learned this trick from Havoc.

Then I made /usr/libexec/ssh/askpass a symlink to
/usr/libexec/ssh/gnome-ssh-askpass, and finally I put `ssh-add' into
my list of non-session-managed clients at priority 50.

Now when I log in I get a dialog asking for my ssh password, so I
never have to remember to use ssh-add by hand.

It would be nice if there were (1) a way to set this up automatically
from gnomecc, and (2) a way to have the session manager wait for the
password to be entered.  Maybe this stuff could be added to the
session config.

Bonus points if you make it also able to prompt for my Kerberos
password.

Tom