Re: Startup commands in GNOME

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 10:28:19AM -0400,
Mark Volpe <volpe.mark@epamail.epa.gov> wrote:
> Where is the best place to put commands like xhost and xmodmap
> so that they will be run when I login from gdm?

Normally these things go in ~/.xsession, which must be executable
and must start your window manager or desktop. But i think with
GDM you just put the stuff in ~/.gnomerc, which should not be
executable and should not exec anything or starta any window
managers or desktops.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"I will take the Ring, though i do not know the way."
 --Frodo Baggins

PGP signature