Re: ssh-agent and gnome?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:40:19AM -0400,
Matt Stockdale <mstockda@dti.net> wrote:
> has anyone had any luck using ssh-agent (from openssh) to start
> their gnome-session? I've tried putting it in my .gnomerc (I
> start gnome from GDM) as "ssh-agent gnome-session" but it
> doesn't start ssh-agent (or at least, it fails to stay
> started..) and certainly doesn't pass the environment vars to
> everything. as it stands, I hacked it to work by having it echo
> the correct environment vars into a file that then gets sourced
> by my .tcshrc, but of course that only works if I want to ssh
> from a tcsh.

I've never had to do this myself, since Debian automatically does
it, but, checking /etc/X11/Xsession, i see that at the end it
does 'exec ssh-agent $realstartup', where $realstartup is
~/.xsession, x-window-manager, or x-terminal-emulator, searched
in that order.

This sounds exactly the same as what you're doing, but it works
for me. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"I will take the Ring, though i do not know the way."
 --Frodo Baggins

PGP signature