Mouse trails left on desktop?

Hello.

I am using GNOME 1.2 on my Linux box.  For some reason, when I drag my
mouse with the left mouse button down inside GNOME on X to create a
selection box, the outline of the box doesn't erase itself if you move your
mouse around to change the selection box.  Therefore, it leaves a trail of
"old" selection boxes on the screen.  Could anyone tell me how to solve
this?  I am using the Enlightenment windowmanager.  Thanks so much in advance.

Tim

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein