Gnome-help-browser problem

Each time I launch Gnome-Help (gnome-help-browser) my system
(FreeBSD-4.0) wants to go online. i.e. when the ppp daemon is
activated in auto dial mode (ppp -auto pppserver), the
modem will be dialed. Maybe the gnome-help-browser
does a DNS lookup or wants some other remote URL.
This is not what I want.
Can I prevent this behaviour somehow?

I have browsen through various settings in the gnome control center
but nothing did help.

My Gnome is quite new (two weeks or so compiled by myself (FreeBSD ports))

Thanks in advance
Robert