Re: question

Giovanni Tommaseo wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to update some rpm files of gnome 1.2 over the YaST (I have SuSE
> 6.4 on my machine).
> Could I have some porblems after the update?

My personal experience following a flawless install of suse 6.4 is that
it might cause problems because suse uses a different naming scheme for
the rpm files.  So you might have Foo-2.2.5.rpm installed and you want
to upgrade to foo-2.2.6.rpm, but suse doesn't make the connection.  I've
been told that if you install the rpms via YaST, it will work around
this problem, but I've never attempted this.