RE: gnome-lib-ORBit conflict

--------------Replied message--------------
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:58:25 +0200
From: Oege Dijk <ooch@thearmy.com>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Subject: gnome-lib-ORBit conflict

Hi,

I dont know if this list is appropriet for this, but if it is not, let
me know...

I am trying to compile and install gnome 1.2, but get stuck at running
./configure with gnome-libs-1.2.3

The last lines are these:

checking for orbit-config... /usr/bin/orbit-config
checking for orbit-idl... no
checking for working ORBit environment... no
configure: error: ORBit not installed or installation problem

ORBit-0.5.3 compiled just fine.
there is an orbit-idl in /usr/local/bin, and I made a symlink from
/usr/bin to it. The faulty line in configure was IIRC 10262. I studied
the configure-script, but couldnt find any enlightenment there.

TIA,

Oege Dijk

--
Oege,

Had the same problem. Configure tries the run the old orbit-config
in /usr/bin, which returns the old version number. I fixed this the
brute force way by compiling to /usr instead of /usr/local, but I
think renaming the script would help as well, if you remeber to add
/usr/local/bin to your PATH. I might be wrong so anyone else out
there feel free to comment.
Good Luck,

Mart van de Wege