gnome-lib-ORBit conflict

Hi,

I dont know if this list is appropriet for this, but if it is not, let
me know...

I am trying to compile and install gnome 1.2, but get stuck at running
./configure with gnome-libs-1.2.3

The last lines are these:

checking for orbit-config... /usr/bin/orbit-config
checking for orbit-idl... no
checking for working ORBit environment... no
configure: error: ORBit not installed or installation problem

ORBit-0.5.3 compiled just fine.
there is an orbit-idl in /usr/local/bin, and I made a symlink from
/usr/bin to it. The faulty line in configure was IIRC 10262. I studied
the configure-script, but couldnt find any enlightenment there.

TIA,

Oege Dijk

* [ Oege Dijk ] [ mail@oege.org]  [ http://www.oege.org ] [ 78342446 ] *
* [ All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.  ] *