How do you make gnapster work?

I have the gnapster from Helix_code on a new machine. WHenever I try to
use it, I get the "invalid password" error. I remember having the same
error on an older machine, but it eventually worked, but I can't seem to
make it work now.

I've seen several notes about gnapster in this list,some with this same
complaint, but no good answer. Perhaps the solutions are getting
directly sent to the complainers, not the list?
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu