Re: Gnome without ESD

"Andy Fore" <arfore@arfore.com> writes:

> I was wondering if there if it is possible to compile gnome, in particular
> helixcode-gnome, without the enlightenment sound daemon.  I am trying to
> ferret out a problem with esd repeating sounds with my sblive, and the
> easiest way seems not to use it. I was thinking of using ALSA or OSS
> instead.
>
> Any ideas?

I had the same problem when I misconfigured alsa on one of my
computers, and it happened at the console command line without esd
running.  The computer that it happened on (if I remember correctly)
is using a cs4236, and the problem was due to an interrupt
configuration problem I introduced when I was trying to move
interrupts around to free an interrupt for a new ether card I was
trying to get working.

(Just my 2 cents worth -- hope this helps.)