Gnome-panel freezes

I have a problem with the panel freezes anytime. It just happens. I
haven`t done anything. I have the latest helix-gnome on a RHL 6.2  with
kernel 2.2.16. At the time i write this the panel has freeze five or
more times. And then occasionally it melt up again and then after a
short time freezes again. But i must say that the desktop work. I can
launch applications.To do so i right-click on the desktop and open the
terminal. But the panel on the bottom and on the top are like ice. What
should i do? Have anyone the same problem?  Pär.