gdmlogin placement

I've been trying to get gdmlogin to place it's login windows somewhere else
but the center of the screen (why ? you ask .... I have a cute picture as the
background of my login root window and the login panel covers part of it).
I've tried to fool around with the gdm.conf file, placing a "Geometry"
directive in it, but it gets ignored. Does any one have any idea ho to change
this ? Is it harcoded ?

Thanks.

Ciao,

--
Valerio Luccio  - NYU, Center for Neural Science
http://cns.nyu.edu/~valerio

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"