RE: Directed Development

> > I do know how they are written but that doesn't mean that the
> > way it has to be. If you or Miguel or whoever laid out a
> > plan I bet people would be willing to help. People work
> > better when there is a goal (dare I say Vision). Rather than
> > the current do what ever you like and maybe it'll get included.
>
> Maybe it would work here, but I can think of several examples
> of "things to do", "things we need" and so on where lists were
> made and nothing happened. Dave Mason's attempts to get people
> to write and expand some of the developer documentation resulted
> in one whole document. I am now wondering about the "Projects
> to take on" list on www.gnome.org, and whether anyone has ever
> taken any of them on and completed them.

I agree it may not work but there tends to be more enthusiam
for games than for writting documents.

> To be honest, I think the current "do whatever you like and maybe
> it'll get included" system is not going to change.

I worry about a couple of things one people not write or may fail
to finish/polish something because it doesn't get included. I
for one would love to get a game I wrote into gnome-games, that
would give me a lot of incentive. Also from the maintainer note
I don't think he's going to trim out what's already there. I think
there are some low interest items that to me clutter the games menu.
This may seem like a nit but I beleive spit and polish items like
clean menus with out exess junk are a big plus.

As for deleting games I don't want this would be a royal pain because
every time I installed a new gnome-games they would come back. I really
don't
want to do it over and over again.