Re: Screwed Up Gnome Terminal

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 11:30:10PM -0400 or thereabouts, Brett Castleberry wrote:

> On 03-Aug-2000 1stFlight wrote:
> > Hey I changed the font in my gnome-terminal now nothing displays
> > correctly, everything I type has an additional space and there are
> > spaces where spcaes shouldn't be. How do I fix this?   Running the
> > latest version of Helix Gnome
>
> If I am not mistaken, you need to use a font with monospaced, rather than
> proportional spacing.  Check in preferences under "font information" as
> to what kind of spacing your new font has

Yeah, I got this "multiple spaces" thing when I selected fonts that
were proportional instead of fixed-width (or whatever it's called).

I begin to consider it a bug that the proportional ones show up on the
list of fonts you can use, because I'm fed up of doing this by accident.
I now have a list of about three fonts I know which work and which are
painless on my eyes, and I stick to those :)

Telsa