gnewbie: gnome 1.2 from rpm's and libjpeg.so.6

Hi All,

if i'm in the wrong place, please excuse the error!

I'm _really_ keen to get Gnome 1.2 on my system:

I'm running suse 6.4 and trying to install gnome 1.2 by hand from the .rpm's

i'm getting errors re missing libjpeg.so.6.

i've got libjpeg.so.6.2 and have patched libjpeg from the suse website.

even got a link libjpeg.so.6 ->libjpeg.so.6.2

but no luck.

can anyone shed any light?

thanks very much for your time and help.

Andrew Sova

The information contained in this email is confidential and solely for the
intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure, modification
and/or distribution of this e-mail may be unlawful. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from
your system. The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the patsystems group.