Panel instability...

Hi Folks,

Ever since I started using Gnome 1.2, I've had problems with the
panel hanging. Currently, I have all the base packages from Helixcode
(all the latest) running on Redhat 6.2.

I have my main panel at the bottom with the deskguide, drivemount, and
Afterstep clock applets. I have another panel at the top that serves
as my task bar.

What happens is that at least 2 or three times a day, I'll go through
the menu from the panel to launch some app and it hangs the panel, it
doesn't matter if it is a gnome app or kde app. The applets continue
to work even though I can't select any of their properties.

Has anybody seen this? Any recommendations?

Alex