Bug in menu-panel [August 2nd, 2000]

In honour of all the dedicated people working on gnome and all of its
glorious components, I will be kind and grace you with this bug report
:)

Although this may not be the proper place to address this issue, its
better than no place at all.. it appeared after just a few moments ago
after running the helix-update utility (gnome-media and evolution
package upgrades this time around.)

- Normally I have the menu panel on the very top of the screen
- Just below the menu-panel I have a (smaller sized, 32 pixels IIRC)
gnome panel, which is completely occupied by the tasklist applet.

After logging out and then back in, the menu panel has decided to leave
itself about its own width below the top of the screen, and in this
case, in the exact place where the task-list panel would be, in normal
operation.

Since the menu panel does not respond to mouse movements to be
repositioned, its a bit difficult to just "push" upwards.. moving the
reduced-sized gnome panel above the now-displaced menu panel does not
work (which is a bit unfortunate because it might be a better place for
it... )

I have not tried rm -rf ~/.gnome*  .... I hate destroying everything for
a small inconvienence...  I have put up some screenshots if you cannot
visualize the problem from the above details...

http://soros.ath.cx/screenshot.html

Robert Soros
robert@soros.ath.cx
http://soros.ath.cx/