CPU Athlon 700 mhz

Hello,..., i donīt know if this is a questioon for this mailing list... but
ill try anyway.
I had Linux 6.2 until I got my Athlon 700 mhz. Everytime i wanted to load
linux a kernel panic appeared. The same thing happened to a friend of mine
that has a completely different machine but with the same athlon. The rare
thing is that it worked fine with the athlon 650 mhz.I have tried with an
old kernel and it worked. I have tried with  diferent Distributions and they
worked. I tried slackware, Turbo, Corel, Debian and SuSe. The question is...
does anybody here has or had the same problem, please help me.. because i
had had Red Hat for over 2 years now and i donīt want to change the
distribution. Anyone have any idea.
Thanks for the time
Bye
Martin Ignacio Lange