Helix GNOME installation problem.

Hi
The other day I decided to install Helixcode GNOME on my RH v6.0 box. I had
earlier upgraded the GNOME to October GNOME.
So I downloaded the installer (the "installer-latest-intel" file to be exact).
[1] logged in as a user.
[2] started a terminal program (the "GNOME Terminal" to be exact)
[3] su (to become root)
[4] ./installer-latest-intel (to run the installation program).
Just as the download page at www.helixcode.com said.
I followed, selected the packages, and the installer started downloading.
When the download finished (of 50 packages taking over 6+ hours!) it said
"Preparing packages for installation" (something like that). When the progress
bar finished, it tells me "You need more thatn 30mb of hd space" when I have
38mb left in my /usr partition. So why the error?!!?!?!? And to top it off, it
deleted all the rpms leaving all that time spent in downloading the packages,
wasted!
Please HAAAAAAALLLLPPP

One last thing. Can I just download the rpms and upgrade the rpms my self?

PEACE
Archit Baweja (bighead)

P.S.
One more thing. When the installer was downloading the rpms it saved them in
"/tmp/helix-install". I realised that /tmp had not enough space to hold the
rpms. So I shifted them in my HOME dir ("/home/bighead/helix/helix-install" to
be exact) and made a link to it from /tmp. So could this be the problem? I
really don't think so. Also, could it be that the 30mb it asked for was 30mb in
the /home partition. But why, when the rpms are supposed to be installed in /usr