panel complains

Hi,
I will try to explain myself better, but I have a poor english, and even
in my mother tongue I am sometimes confused.

I complained about the panel on the top of the screen not because of
it's existence, but because it can't be configured. When you click with
the right button on the panel,  and in the pop menu on "panel", there is
no  "property", but only "global properties". I think there could be a
way to set the properties of the top screen panel (like it is for the
bottom panel).

And another thing is that saw (Mill/Fish) windows are on top of the
panels, masking them, and that's good most of the time, but I would like
that when I click on the panel the panel  raises above the windows that
are allready on it. (and even when the mouse pointer enters on it ?).
I think that it is a desirable feature (to be automatic or
configurable), but I can only speak for myself.

Last thing, there is a directory, which is called CurrentDirectory in
the session file, that is the default directory for the applications
launched from gnome, for example it is the directory where you arrive
when you start a gnome terminal. I think this could be configured from
the gnome config center.

Pat