Re: Semi-frequent lock-ups

on 4/26/00 3:12 PM, chris horn. at chorn@brown.edu wrote:

> Come to
> think about it, it's been crashing after the morning cron job. That does a
> massive "find" for something (forgot what, exactly)

IIRC, quite a few people on the linux-abit list had noticed a correlation
between lock-ups, seti@home/rc5, and the `updatedb` cron job, leading to
speculation about some sort of funky hardware interaction between multiple
components on the mobo, including the ATA/66 controller, which is apparently
somewhat flaky.

Anyway, I'm getting fairly far off topic -- good luck with the box!

john.