Re: CVS access

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, John S Jacobs Anderson wrote:

> I'm trying to use CVS (to work around the multiple visual problems of my
> work Solaris box; see the Gnome on Solaris thread for details).
>
> I'm following the instructions on
> <URL:http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html>, and they aren't working. I
> export the CVSROOT variable, but when I do `cvs login`, I get the message:
>
> connect to anoncvs.gnome.org:2401 failed: Connection refused

This means that one of the anonymous CVS servers didn't work.  You could
do two things:

1) define an IP address for anoncvs.gnome.org in your /etc/hosts (Obtained
via dig, and please choose the one closest to you)
2) Just let the round-robin DNS work and keep trying the command.  This
depends on your resolver doing the right thing.  (This is preferable.)

> john.

wfms