Re: [Re: selecting a window manager (for newbies)]

I'm not really bothered by this but seeing that the topic come up...

I installed sawmill 0.24-3 on Redhat6.2 but it can't get it to run thru the
Gnome control center. It will not start before the operation times out. How
can I try to start it from the command line so I can see any error messages?

Anthony.

Sean Murphy <murphy@erim-int.com> wrote:
It's pretty easy, just install the rpm's (using 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm'), then
open the Gnome control center (should be a button on your panel that looks
like a toolbox).  Then, in control center expand the "Desktop" entry and
you should see a submenu item call "Window Manager".  Highlight "Window
Manager" and the right hand side of the control center should bring up a
window showing all the window managers you have installed with one labelled
(Current), which is should be Enlightenment.  Sawmill should show up as an
option, select it, then press the OK button down below.  That's it, your
window manager should switch to Sawmill.  Then you can either click the
button that says "Run Configuration Tool for Sawmill" or if you look
further down in the left hand pane of control center, you'll see that
Sawmill has put all of its options in there for you to customize it!

Good luck!
Sean