Re: some questions on gmc

Loban Rahman <loban@enigma.caltech.edu> writes:

> >   1. why is the desktop fonts of the icons are so small? (i.e. cdrom, floppy
> > and home directory icons) Can those be improved? how?
>
> That was a design flaw in GMC. It shall be fixed in Naughtilus.

In the meantime, you should be able to fix it by putting this in a
gtkrc file that gmc reads (like ~/.gtkrc):

    style "gnome-desktop-icon" {
      font = "-a-bigger-font-..."
    }

    widget_class "*DesktopIcon*" style "gnome-desktop-icon"

(I haven't tested this exactly, but I use the same type of thing to
change the colour of the icon labels, and that works).

    Andy
Andy Smith                                           amsmith@pmail.net
St John's College, Cambridge, CB2 1TP                   (07989) 453208