gnomeprint

Hey all.

I downloaded the latest Gnumeric as advertised by Miguel and also the
Gnome-print 0.18.

I first unrpm'd both an older gnumeric and an older gnomeprint (came with
distro) and seemed to successfully ./configure,make,make installed
gnome-print.  Problem is that the configure script for Gnumeric can't see
it.  I noticed after looking through the configure script that it is using
a prolly called gnome-config to detect it.  I run in manually and sure
enough, there is no "print" library detected.  I ran ldconfig over
/usr/local/lib to no avail.  I added /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf.  Ran ldconfig to no avail.  I even copied the libraries
to /usr/lib, re ldconfig'd and then created a manual symlink so it looked
like the set of files from /usr/local/lib.  I removed /etc/ls.so.cache and
ldconfig'd.  Nothing.  gnome-config can't see it so gnumeric can't.

If the configure script was erroring that I had version that were too old,
I would have something to work with, but I have nothing right now.  I am
not sure if rpming back the old gnome-print (0.12 as it was) would at
least get gnome-config seeing "print" again or not.  Might grab some
suggestions first, then try that.

Can anyone offer any advice?  I have spent ages trawling around my box ;)

Thanks in advance.

Evan.