Re: Automating Customization of a Gnome desktop

On 09 April, 2000 - Carroll, Barry G sent me these 2.9K bytes:

> 3. Sometimes when xanim starts the audio is missing even though the video
> plays fine. If I wait a few seconds and try again. The audio plays fine too.
> I suspect that some other process has the audio resources locked. If so
> keeping xanim from starting until all other startup tasks are finished may
> solve this problem. Nevertheless, any insight on this problem would be
> appreciated.

I bet that's esound.. and iirc the defaults are to release the sound
device after a few seconds of idle..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå