Re: october --> helixcode

Serguey Kolesov wrote:
> What is the best way to
> upgrade to Helixcode GNOME? Which files/RPMs should be kept and which
> should be deleted/uninstalled?
> I have already downloaded all needed RPMs from helixcode ftp.

I'll tell you how I did it.  I suppose this will also work for you.

   I downloaded all the files under distributions/Red_Hat_6 and put them
under a directory called Helix.  I reproduced the ftp structure, i.e. I
put them in Helix/distributions/Red_Hat_6.

   I also downloaded the *.xml files along with the *.rpm file and put
them in the same place as in the ftp.  As an extra I also got the *.xml
files that appear in the same level as the distributions directory and
put them in my Helix directory.  For clarity sake, this means that I
have:

  Helix/distributions/Red_Hat_6/*.rpm
  Helix/distributions/Red_Hat_6/packages.xml
  Helix/distributions/Red_Hat_6/updates.xml
  Helix/distributions/Red_Hat_6/metapackages.xml
  Helix/allmirrors.xml
  Helix/mirrors.xml

   The last step was to download installer-intel.gz and put it under
Helix in uncompressed executable form, i.e:

  $ ls -l Helix/installer-intel
  -r-xr-xr-x    1 david    david     3611856 Apr  5 01:59
Helix/installer-intel

   Now you can exec the installer and let it do its work.  It will let
you choose your type of install.  This is where you should choose a
local install type and tell it where you have put the distributions
folder.  After that you will have to choose which packages to upgrade
and wait as they are being installed.  The last step is a level 5 reset
of your system after which you should be able enjoy your new GNOME
installation.

   Enjoy!