CVS for newbies

Hi all.  Feeling experimental I ripped evolution of the gnome cvs tree.
No problem.  I needed a few other things and grabbed these as well.

One was gnome-print.  I made it, I installed it.  Now gtkhtml wont build
because it needs a version of gnome-print greater than 0.13 and I seem
to have 0.12.  Why is this? is it because I built it with autogen.sh
--prefix=/gnome ?

This brings up what I think is a general linux problem that is also
affecting Gnome.  Every one has a differnt idea as to where things
should go, and I seem to end up with multiple copies of progs when
built.  An exmple of this is glade, I recently built a new version, and
ket getting the old one as the binaries from Gnome or Helix had
installed in one directory and the tarball in another!

  Rob Brown-Bayliss

  live from ZOOstation
  http://www.ZOOstation.cc