Re: Slow GNOME on Mandrake 7.0

Michael wrote:

> I've this slow startup problem long before, on Mandrake 6.0, Redhat 6.0,6.1.

I had this as well myself. I asked on gnome-list and someone mentioned
that the window manager might not be registered quite right with GNOME,
and to go into the Control Panel and switch to another wm and then back.
I'm not sure if that fixed my problem or something else I did, did it.

Someone else said that by putting 'domain localhost' in
/etc/resolve.conf it fixed it for them. Mine says:

domain pcxtreme
search pcxtreme
nameserver 24.2.204.33
nameserver 24.2.204.34

'pcxtreme' is my internal network behind my masquerading box.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.com