Re: gdk-pixbuf sysreqs?

It's not because of your hardware. I have a P120 with 48 megs of RAM that
is runs everything you just mentioned. Perhaps your libraries are dated or
corrupted?

	= L

> I've been developing an app that extensively uses gdk-pixbuf on my p166 w/
> 48 megs of ram.  I just implemented the pixbuf stuff a week ago or so, and
> my program has mercilesly been crashing ever since.  I tried it on my
> laptop, which is both more powerful (celeron 366/64 megs) and it worked,
> but it was also using the glibc2 c library.  So I decided to upgrade my
> clunker to glibc2.  Did that, it still crashes.  Figured gdk-pixbuf had
> higher sys requirementgs than a p166 with 48 megs of ram.  Also tried eog,
> which also extensively uses pixbuf... same crash, same circumstances.
> Are there any other programs out there that extensively use gdk-pixbuf?
> I'd like to see if I'm just making excuses for my crappy code, or if there
> really are some insanely high system requirements for gdk-pixbuf.

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |