Re: panel default location

On  4 Apr, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 01:21:39AM -0700 Edwin Downward wrote:
>>
>> I am the sys-admin of a small system based upon Slackware 7.0
>>
>> I would like to be able to give all new users a custom default setup for
>> Gnome, but I have been unable to find out where this initial information
>> is stored.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> isn't there any /etc/skel directory in Slackware? The files which are copied
> to the $HOME of the user when it is created are to be stored there.

There's one problem: /etc/skel is only used when useradd is invoked with
-m. As long as all you want to do is to create a default for new login
names, you're OK if you remember to use "useradd -m"

That being said, until the GNOME system admin tools are mature, I'd
still create my default setup under a test user name, then copy the
.gnome files (as root) to /etc/skel. Even if you don't use "useradd -m",
you can still copy the default setup from /etc/skel at a later time.

HTH

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

A program without bugs is obsolete.