Re: Improving the gnome-help-browser HTML?

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I don't think HTML skills are what's are needed.  I don't know exactly how
> the help browser works, but I assume that the man and info pages are grabbed
> by the help browser, and then run through some sort of translation to HTML.
> How does this translation work?

Okay, I'll throw my hat in the ring, although I've got a string attached
to yank it out if this gets too big.  I know HTML, perl, c, awk.  I've
done a fair bit of string mangling in my time.  So, how is it actually
produced?  Sounds like CSS or XML would work nicely.  Does anyone know
how this stuff is formatted, or is it pre-formatted for the help
browser?  I guess I could sulk over and check out the source.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric@denali.atlnet.com

I'm afraid there will be more problems with W2K than there were with
Y2K...