Re: remove the pesky kde menu from gnome?

Joseph de los Santos wrote:
> how do I remove the pesky kde menu in gnome's system
> menu? I tried it at the menu editor but I don't see it there.

You can try being more curious! ;-)  You can investigate GNOME deeply,
trying to find how it works and in the meantime discovering and
reporting some bugs ;-)

Anyway the answer can be this:

   * Put the pointer over the foot menu,
   * press the right mouse button,
   * click `Preferences...',
   * a boring panel appears and in the `Main menu' section
     you can activate the `Off' option that appears in the
     `KDE menu (if found)' row,
   * Click `OK' and done.

Sorry if this was too detailed for you, but maybe somebody who is
reading this has taken too much café and she is in dire need of more
detailed instructions.

   Good luck.