Gnome .debs

Hi there..
I just let dselect go wild with installing all the 1.0.40/41 debs, after
having just make uninstalled as much of the .tar.gz gnome that I had in
there.  Now I may have taken a wrong step somewhere along the way, but never
mind now, I can't go back.  But anyway, the outcome is that the gnome panel
is looking for all its (is that the right one Dan? :) things in
/usr/local/share, but they're all located in /usr/share now.  I can't seem
to track down where it's referencing /usr/local/share.  Any clues for the
clueless?:)

Matt