Lost panel

I was playing around with setting a background pixmap on the panel
settings and when I press "Apply" my panel disappeared.  Then I got a
message about "There is already a panel running.  Should I start
another?".  I selected no and now the panel is gone.  I exited out and
restarted, but still nothing.  I have little icons for my minimized
apps, which is kind of cool, but I would like to have the panel back.
I coiuld start wiping out config files, but there must be an easier
way....   Any help appreciated...

daniel