Re: Annoyances and bugs in GNOME 1.0.40

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Mads Villadsen wrote:

>    * libgtop:	   Unable to find file /usr/lib/libgtop

This one is fixed.

>    * mc:	   Requires stylesheets (which I don't have, and don't
> 		   know where to get...)

This is part of the docbook packages. I have no idea why the requirement
exists.

>    * gdm:	   Gives the following error:
> 		   Name field must be present in package.
> 		   (...)

Yes, you can't just rpm -ta this one.

>    * gnome-python:	Unable to find files:
> 			/usr/lib/python1.5/site-package/gtkgl.py

This might be because you don't have GtkGLArea installed on your system...

> 			/usr/lib/python1.5/site-package/_gtkmodule.so

No idea on this one. I have to bug the gnome-python maintainer for a new
release today, anyways.

>    * The sound-monitor applet cannot connect to the esound daemon,
>      even thought opther programs such as mpg123 easily uses the
>      daemon for sound output.

Do you have "Enable sound daemon startup" turned on in the Sound
Properties?

>    * There is no high-score dialog available in any game (smae-gnome,
>      gnometris, gnomine, etc.).

>    * No matter what I do I cannot alter the dialog position or the
>      dialog hints in the Dialog section of Control Center.

>    * If the text contains international chars (I only tested with
>      danish chars), it is truncated in the month view and in the year
>      view of the Calendar, as well as in the icons on the desktop.

Hmm, Anders

Thanks, will get people to look into these.
-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.