Startup Problems

Hi

I currently have Gnome-libs 1.0.16 and Gnome-core 1.0.9 installed (as well
as a load of other stuff) and am having problems with starting
gnome-sessions. Firstly, no window manager is loaded, even though the
control-centre and default.wm files all suggest that window maker, which
works fine, should be the default. Secondly, I can't get the mailwatch
panel applet to load on startup - I'm having to start it manually from a
terminal as the entry on the foot menu doesn't work, and when even after
saving the session it will not load next time I log in.

Any information would be appreciated, as I have found it very difficult to
obtain any documentation of the gnome startup process.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Cowans