Error compiling gnome core 1.0.41

I've scratched my head, revised the Makefile, and the include statements
to no avail.  While compiling gnome-core-1.0.41, I get the following:

/----- start -----/
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I.        -I../intl
-I../intl      -I../panel
-DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/usr/share/locale"\"        -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include
-I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include
-I/usr/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include  -g -O2
-Wall -Wno-unused  -c session.c
session.c: In function `load_default_applets':
session.c:669: `INT_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
session.c:669: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
session.c:669: for each function it appears in.)
session.c: In function `init_user_applets':
session.c:721: `INT_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
make[2]: *** [session.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/u/barthel/src/gnome/gnome-core-1.0.41/panel'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/barthel/src/gnome/gnome-core-1.0.41'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
/----- end -----/

I'm running Slackware 4.0 (libc5), w/ kernel 2.2.12. All prerequisite
libs/apps have been installed/updated. INT_MAX is defined in
/usr/include/limits.h, which is #included in session.c. ./configure was
run w/ "--prefix=/usr --with-included-gettext"

Anyone have any bright ideas?????

TIA

Barthel
--
 kknerrsr@ptdprolog.net | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063

If a train station is where the train stops, what is a work station?