Re: asclock themes

In message <19990927213744.A2255@tsoft.com>, Michael Perry writes:

>Quoting jgotts@old.tqstats.com on Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 12:05:56AM -0400:
>> If you built with the SPEC files included you need to apply the patch I post
>ed
>> to the list.
>>
>> [The bug is the SPEC file for gnome-core doesn't install any of the asclock
>> themes.]
>>
>Hi-
>
>I actually used the rpms for the core at linux.gnomepower.org on this box.
>ON my laptop I used the rpms from gurulabs and the themes are in there. The
>wierd thing is that they were in the first time I started asclock and then
>they all disappeared.  If I start asclock.applet, I get a lot of gdk_imlib
>errors and something about xearth not found.

Oddly, it looks like asclock or something else in gnome-core requires xearth
now.  It didn't used to, but the fix is just to install xearth.  Our "business"
install of Red Hat 6.0 doesn't include xearth, but I imagine since most people
would have no reason to remove xearth, nobody noticed the new dependency.

The people at linux.gnomepower.org should track gnome-list and gnome-devel-list
as I'm trying to track down outstanding problems with the distributed SPEC
files as shipping SPEC files is a great feature I would hate to see go away due
to lack of maintenance.  [At the moment I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out
gnome-games.]

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@linuxsavvy.com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts