Re: Excellent! Gnome 1.40

Quoting Elliot Lee on Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 11:38:23PM -0400:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Darryl Baker wrote:
>
> >  Speaking as a user I must say the the UI improvements to the Gnome
> > interface are quit nice! And there seems to be a speed improvement as
> > well! Keep up the good work folks!
>
> The big question is "Is it bug-free?" :)
>
> If you come across any problems, please use the gnome-bug script included
> with gnome-libs.
> -- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/

I notice that the asclock thing loses its themes here when I restarted it
from the rpms from gnome.linuxpower.org.  The first time it had themes
present but after that no themes.  I also noticed that the themes are
present on my laptop still with rpms from gurulabs.  I also noticed that in
the user level system folder that I only have gnorpm and shutdown or reboot
on my desktop but my laptop has a whole bunch of stuff.  Screem (html
editor) also has a wierd habit of segfaulting and dying if I click with the
right mouse button anywhere in the screen on a html document I am editing.
The meter which does cpu/mem monitoring likes to die when vmware starts up
on my laptop.  I gather vmware must be too much for it :)  I dont know if
these are actually "bugs" and I have reported several things to the
gnome-bug script and I will report the memory meter thing there too.

At a good level, I upgraded the imlib stuff and Eterm did not break... Yay!!
I also really, really like the new look with icons and how sawmill shows up
in the control center's window manager stuff.  Its slick!!  At a better
level, gnome just looks better and it seems to have the little touches of
things that I really like now.  It has a polished look.  I have searched a
few areas for bugs in playing and using on my Dell Inspiron 7000 for work
(which BTW, has a great display to showcase gnome!!).  Keep up the great
work on the fish too :)

--
Michael Perry -			 "No one can give you wiser advice
mperry@tsoft.com	   .o O	  than yourself" -Cicero