Eucalyptus Crashes

Hi,

has anyone tried using the eucalyptus mail client for Linux.  I
compiled and installed it.  When i started it up for the first time and
expected a bunch of questions to establish my identity and mailing
environment.  None came up.  I went to the "Setup" menu and selected
the "General Preferences" menu item and the program crashed.  I thought
that this might be a fluke.  So I tried it again and once again the
program crashed.  I tried selecting other things in the "Setup" menu
and was able to change some of the setting but noticed that there was
no "OK" or "Accept" or "Set" buttons to assure me that my settings had
been recorded.  The only way to get rid of the window containing the
settings was to close it using the windowmanager "close" action.

I tried to compose a message.  I entered the recipient's name but the
message window did not record it in the list of recipients after I
pressed the "Add" button.  So I can't send the message to anyone.  I
don't even know if I could send it to anyone if the recipient had been
accepted since I have no way of setting the mailer and reply-to or any
other pertinent mailing options.

Has anyone else seen these problems?  Is there a way around them?  I
would appreciate any suggestions.  I thought that this would be the
full featured mail program for GNOME that I had been waiting for all
this time.  I have been getting by on either postilion (I like the
way you can type in aliases and it looks in the address book for you
and fills them in) and kmail.  I would like to move to a more GNOME
compliant mail program or something similar to postilion in terms of
aliasing addresses.  Any suggestions here?
Thanks in advance.

Bidemi
--
R. Bidemi Temidire